Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » War Related Illness and Injury Study Center » Clinical Services » Environmental Exposure Assessments
War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
Environmental Exposure Assessments
When a Veteran is referred to the WRIISC and receives an E-Consult, our team may determine the Veteran would benefit from an environmental exposure assessment to inform the ongoing care at his or her home VA.
What Can I Expect?
- Assessment of relevant environmental exposures. Veterans will be asked to complete a survey of environmental exposures. The WRIISC is working on developing a military and occupational exposure assessment tool (V-MOAT).
- Education on the latest research findings about health effects linked to environmental exposures
Who is Eligible?
- All combat Veterans
- Veterans who participated in Project 112 or SHAD (Shipboard Hazard and Defense)
- Veterans with deployment military exposure concerns are encouraged to complete VA registry evaluations first as VA registry programs are important surveillance tools that help VA better understand impact of military exposures on health. More information on VA Registry program available here. Deployed Veterans who have military environmental exposure concerns that persist despite local work-up and Registry evaluation may benefit from WRIISC environmental exposure assessments.
What Should I Have Ready To Provide?
- Please have all non-VA medical records available in your VA record for review.
- Any correspondence that documents your military environmental exposure (s).
Who Can I Contact For More Information?
- Please talk to your VA primary care provider to see if a WRIISC referral may be indicated or contact the WRIISC serving your area.